This is a nice light pizza (more of a flatbread) to savor anytime of the year. It can be cut into smaller pieces to share as an appetizer, or cooked as the main course instead. Although this recipe calls for an outdoor grille, this pizza can also be cooked in the oven at 450 degrees in a similar manner. However, instead of flipping the pizza, you can keep it the same way, still adding the prosciutto halfway into cooking time. Hope you find this as delicious as we do!
- 16 oz pizza dough
- 4 oz arugula
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Roll out dough and use fork to poke holes all over.
2. Spread garlic and olive oil across dough.
3. Place dough (olive oil side down) onto preheated BBQ on low-medium heat.
Cook for 4- 5 minutes and remove.
4. Place uncooked side down and cover cooked side with strips of prosciutto.
5. Return to BBQ (uncooked side down) and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
6. Immediately spread parmesan cheese across pizza.
7. Cover pizza with arugula and lemon juice. (lemon zest optional)
8. Drizzle balsamic vinegar on pizza and