Lasagna is usually served with garlic bread, why not try garlic bread baked into your lasagna? A delicious twist on an old classic!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 package lasagna, boiled or soaked
- 6 slices sourdough
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute chopped onion in vegetable oil until it begins to brown. Add 1 tbsp. chopped garlic and
mix well. Add in ground beef and stir on stovetop for around 5 minutes, until beef begins to brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and sugar to saucepan. Stir and let simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, goat cheese, parmesan, 1 tbsp. garlic and egg. Mix well and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on slices of sourdough. Use the remaining garlic to season the sourdough.
- Line a baking dish with slices of sourdough, with buttered side facing in. Layer lasagna, bolognese, and cheese mixture until you’ve reached the lip of the dish. Top with grated parmesan and bake for 35 minutes, until cheese begins to bubble.
- Turn oven to broil for 3-5 minutes, until cheese and bread turn to a golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!