This week I am cooking from another coast – the East Coast! I have been travelling for over a week now and haven’t been able to cook until tonight. I am staying with a friend in New York with a fully stocked kitchen and am beyond excited to whip up a delicious feast for some friends.
This Mediterranean raita is a deviation from my favorite cucumber and mint dip – and tastes wonderful with chicken or lamb skewers. The dill contributes a unique and distinctly Mediterranean flavor that perfectly complements the fresh cucumber and chilled yogurt – perfect for a hot, humid day.
- 1/2 English Cucumber, or 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups plain yogurt (whole milk)
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- Combine dill, mint, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix.
- Add yogurt.
- Toss until spices are evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate until 10 minutes before serving.