I feel like I haven’t posted in forever! Well here I am, with a delicious new recipe, which is a continuation of my zucchini obsession.
Although I haven’t blogged in nearly two weeks, I have had my fair share of San Francisco food blogger experiences these two weeks. First, I saw a live demo from Top Chef Master’s very own Chris Cosentino of Incanto. Then, I sat on a plane right next to another Top Chef Master contestant , Traci des Jardins of Jardiniere.
- 16 oz. tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons ponzu or soy sauce
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds for sauce
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds to top
- Combine ginger, ponzu/soy sauce and sesame seeds in a small bowl. Alternatively, you can use a pre-made asian stirfry sauce like Trader Joe’s Soyaki sauce.
- Pan fry blocks of tofu on a grill pan or large flat plan at medium-high heat. Allow tofu to cook well on each side, until turning a light brown color. This will take 5-7 minutes. Add half of your ginger sesame sauce to the tofu and quickly toss. If you leave the tofu cooking in the sauce for too long it can burn, so be careful!
- Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to slice both the cucumber and zucchini into long, thin strands. They should resemble the shape of linguine pasta.
- Use the remaining sauce to dress the cucumber and zucchini, top with tofu, and sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds.