Why have I not made these before?! At $3-4 a bag in most grocery stores, kale chips are flying off the shelves – fast. If , like me, you can go through a bag of these in well under an hour, try making your own. I can’t emphasize enough how easy this was to do – and so fun to make your own variation. I like my chips with a hint of salt, lime, and soy (Have’a Chips, anyone?) – so I used ponzu to pack a citrusy and salty punch in the nutrient-rich leafy greens.
- 1 head kale, washed and dried
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1.5 tbsp. ponzu
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Remove ribs from kale and cut into bite-size pieces.
- On a large baking sheet (I used a 9 x 12″), lay out kale pieces and toss with olive oil, sea salt, and ponzu. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Kale chips should be crispy but not burnt – adjust bake time as needed.
- Store in a zipped plastic bag, or enjoy immediately! They won’t last long 🙂