Want to spice up your weekday breakfast routine? Try this simple, healthy, and protein-rich take on ‘egg-in-a-hole’. It takes less than 20 minutes to whip up, and can be modified with your favorite type of cheese or dry spice. This recipe is for one serving.
- 1 half avocado, pit removed
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. shredded cheese of your choice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. dry spice of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- With aluminum foil, create a small ‘bowl’ and place your avocado half inside.
- Crack one egg into avocado. Add salt, pepper, and any other seasonings.
- Bake for 18 minutes. The eggs will be perfectly runny- adjust bake time as needed.
Enjoy on its own or alongside hashed potatoes.