Summer is (finally) just around the corner, so I’ve been spending lots of time outside grilling, and making use of the new picnic table. The evenings have been especially warm and dry this week, the perfect formula for a starlit dinner!
The recipe below is inspired by Food + Wine Magazine’s feature on grilling this month. I don’t have many great post-grill photos, they never tend to look that great once they are charred and smoked!
Bacon-Wrapped Peaches with Walnuts
- 4 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 3 handfuls of walnuts, chopped
- 8 strips bacon
- olive oil
- Pre-heat your grill. In the meantime, prep peaches, filling the pit cavity with a generous amount of salt, and chopped walnuts.
- Wrap each peach half in one strip of bacon, trying to fully cover the peach skin.
- Secure the bacon using one or two toothpicks per peach.
- Lightly brush (or spray) the bacon-wrapped peaches with olive oil.
- Grill, 5 minutes on each side, on medium heat (not directly in the center of your grill, not on the outer edges).
Enjoy this crunchy, tart, and savory treat alongside your other grill favorites!